We really enjoy when bloggers blog with personal stories and not just boring, mundane, dull stuff. We like being able to read someone’s blogs and feel like we know them. We try to keep our blog casual and personal, not professional and lifeless. So, keeping with that train of thought, we am going to share some random facts about ourselves. This way you can feel like we are more than just bloggers and a blog reader. We are actually friends who could strike up a conversation and have stuff to talk about.
Here goes nothing! (Be sure to scroll down to see Catherine’s too!)
The lowdown on Luke:
1) I can never remember which hand my Aggie ring goes on and which hand my wedding ring goes on. I have to look at others to see where their rings are.
2) I hate being wet. I like swimming, and bathing, but when I get done I want to immediately be dry. I have contemplated installing a wind tunnel or trying to get those things in the car wash that dries your car when you get done.
3) The noise that a bathroom fan makes, makes me anxious and jittery. Don’t ask why. I don’t know.
4) I am horrified of snakes.
5) I have a tendency to be scared of the dark. Mainly because I am a rather skittish person and don’t like being surprised and think that something is always lurking in the shadows. For this reason when I was younger I carried a pitchfork with me to and from the barn when I went out there at dark.
5) I think that tea tree shampoo is life changing.
6) I consider myself to be rather knowledgable about food, a foodie, if you will.
7) I can’t spell or punctuate to save my life. I can’t do math that well without a calculator.
Christmas music puts me in a better mood regardless of season. I listen to it year-round.
9) I still have a blankie. I don’t sleep with it like I used to, but I know where it is at all times. Catherine has attempted to hide/steal it and it results in all out warfare.
10) I practice signing my name in various different ways about 34 times per day. I have an infatuation with handwriting and people signatures. I would say that my first impression of people is based off of their handwriting. So if I ask you for a sample, please don’t be alarmed.
11) I hate hot weather. I would rather be wrapped in a parka in the middle of the frozen tundra than feel a bead of sweat roll down my forehead.
12) I love Disney music and movies. Also, Celtic/Riverdance stuff and instrumental music, but mainly Disney. Unless you throw in Star Wars, which is my favorite! My previous email was lukeskywalker58@… I am that into Star Wars.
13) My feet sweat like nobody’s bid-ness. My parents had to cut out the feet portion of my pajamas when I was younger.
14) Kraft Mac & Cheese is king, Tropical Punch Kool-aid is queen.
15) I have always felt like I could have magical powers, I just don’t know how to use them.
16) Miracle Whip is far superior to that nasty mayonnaise stuff.
17) I really want to travel to Australia, England, Scotland and Ireland.
18) I don’t like to read. I have maybe read 10 books in my lifetime and they had a lot of pictures.
19) I don’t like to shave. I maybe shave once a week.
20) I do like Kraft Mac & Cheese and kool-aid! Did you already know that?
21) Nursing homes and hospitals scare me. I just feel very uncomfortable and not sure what to do or say.
22) I am not a very shy person, but I am never the one to start a conversation with a stranger. I also never talk about my feelings or emotions. I just shut down and say nothing. I guess I am not a touchy-feely type person.
23) My sense of humor tends to be sarcastic in nature. Something that Catherine can’t pick up on quite yet.
24) I think that video games should not be based on killing people. What happened to jumping on killer mushrooms and throwing turtle shells at people?
25) I wore braces for 6 years.
26) I am a fast walker and have no patience for slow walkers.
27) I wear a size 13 shoe.
28) When I hear a song I like, I can listen to it over and over with our tiring of it. I will usual sing along if no one else is around. I cannot sing in public. It horrifies me!
29) I have never had chicken pox.
30) I like to make people laugh.
31) I’m great with kids. I’m like a kid magnet. Kids love me for some reason. Seriously!
31) The first thing I do when I wake up is reach for my mobile phone.
32) Whenever I see a character holding his/her breathe in a movie or on television, I always attempt to hold my breathe in for as long as he/she can.
33) I still enjoy building and playing with Lego sets.
34) I think that is enough for now.
Now you know a little bit more about me. I can tell that our friendship is growing.
Can you handle even more juicy tidbits about us? Continue on to read about Catherine!
1. If I have to set an alarm to wake up at a certain time, I hit snooze… several times.
2. I don’t think I could function without daily conversations and advice from my Mom. Yep, I’m one of THOSE people.
3. I know it is an assumed responsibility of the wife to keep the house clean. I fail at that miserably, and actually Luke does most of the heavy-duty cleaning. It’s a balance that I really appreciate!
4. While playing board games or cards, I have to try really hard not to cheat. Sometimes I can’t help myself.
5. It’s the simple things in life for me that make things work. I like ice cream cones from Mach’s Restaurant in Boling, Texas. I like driving by our friend’s houses and honking (Hey Ramona!). I like the way our dog Wilma looks at us when she’s happy to see us.
6. Sometimes on singing night at my church, I sing so loud I embarrass myself.
7. I have a fixation with looking at myself in mirrors, or taking photos of myself on my cell phone. On car trips, if I’m the passenger, I can entertain myself just by looking in the mirror. My mom says that I have done this since childhood, and would spend the entire ride to school looking in the mirror.
8. I own lots of shoes, but I tend to wear the same pair every day until I get a new pair. The only times I wear my non-everyday shoes is for church.
9. I drive the speed limit, much to the irritation of Luke. Strangely though, the times I’ve been stopped for speeding, I’ve ALWAYS gotten a ticket. No warnings here.
10. I don’t accept apologies that I know not to be true. There’s more to it than just saying the words.
11. For whatever reason, I have to have control of the remote. Even if I’m watching something I like, I am always looking through the guide for something else. This irritates Luke, too.
12. I loved LOST and I don’t know what to do now that it is over.
13. I screen my personal calls… a lot. I have to force myself to answer the phone. Don’t take it personally.
14. I love my job (my full-time job, not OLR) as the creative director at The Show Circuit magazine. Some times it gets stressful, but designing is my happy place, and the people I work with make every day pleasant.
15. In a perfect world, I would have an assistant who would do my hair and makeup every day, kinda like Rachel Zoe has. Doing it myself is getting really old.
16. Tee shirt and jeans… every day. Rarely anything other than that.
17. Contrary to my Texas heritage, hair teasing is something I’m not very talented at, and struggle with. This makes me sad.
18. While we don’t have any children yet, I can’t wait to start a family with Luke. I’m awkward around kids and I know absolutely nothing about them… but I know Luke will be an excellent father.
19. I’m a Christmasaholic. Every year, without fail, I drag out way too many decorations. And sadly, they usually stay up until after we get back from Denver. And every year, as we’re taking them down, I promise myself that the following year, I’ll only put up one tree.
20. I have to have a diet coke in the morning, or my whole day is thrown off.
21. Did I mention I trip and fall all the time? It’s not attractive.
22. I place emphasis on standardized tests, like the SAT. I’m proud of my score and like to know other people’s scores to gauge how smart they are. When I asked Luke what his score was when we first started dating, he lied and said a score higher than mine. Then, being ultra competitive, I lied too, so that my score would be higher than his. Upon finding out his actual score years later, I was so angry he lied to me. But… I lied too. This is our life.
23. I love Texas and hope I never have to leave. I don’t need a calendar… I time my life around the first hay baling of summer, the pecan trees budding out in the spring, and the first cold front of the fall.
24. I take pictures in to my hairstylist of new hairstyles I want to try. She cuts them just as the picture, but somehow I always morph back into the same hairstyle I’ve had for 13 years.
25. For the first time ever, I’ve kept 5 hanging baskets alive on our porch.
26. Luke and my mom want yard birds (chickens) and I’m starting to come around to the idea.
27. I am one of those people that believes the answer to almost any question is in the Bible. So many times I have found comfort and peace by just opening up to whatever page I happen to flip to, and reading.
28. When I’m away from Texas, I crave Mexican food.
29. My voice sounds like a kid. Telemarketers often say, “Hi honey, is your mom or dad around?”
30. A friend of mine told me that I must be a magnet for crazies, because I have a lot of them around me. Line from As Good As It Gets: “Go sell crazy somewhere else, we’re all stocked up here.”
So there ya go! Useless facts about the people behind the camera.